Pasadena Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer
Helping Uber & Lyft Accident Victims in California
Though rideshare options like Lyft and Uber boast cheaper rates and safer alternatives for those who need designated drivers on a whim or safe transportation late at night, there are many negatives to this new trend. The main contentious issue is the liability in these types of accidents.
Is the driver alone at fault, or is Uber liable as well? What if the accident happened while the Uber or Lyft driver was signed into the app but wasn't transporting passengers?
While this can be a very overwhelming and confusing time, it is crucial that you take action as soon as possible. Companies like Uber will do everything possible to avoid paying out damages to injury victims, even when their drivers are responsible.
If you have been injured in an accident involving an Uber driver, contact our Pasadena Uber & Lyft accident attorney right away. Our husband and wife lawyer team have more than 40 years of collective experience and always work on a contingency fee basis, giving our clients confidence and peace of mind.
Common Injuries in Uber & Lyft Accidents
Uber and Lyft accidents can result in various injuries, differing from minor to severe. Common injuries may include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries: Sudden stops or impacts in rideshare accidents can lead to whiplash and neck injuries. These injuries, while often considered minor, can have lasting effects on an individual's well-being.
- Head Injuries: The abrupt nature of collisions in Uber and Lyft accidents can cause passengers to sustain head injuries, ranging from concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: The force exerted during an accident can result in back and spinal cord injuries, potentially leading to long-term disabilities and chronic pain.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: The impact of a rideshare accident can cause passengers to suffer fractures and broken bones, necessitating medical attention and rehabilitation.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be strained or torn during an accident, leading to soft tissue injuries that may require extensive medical care.
- Psychological Trauma: Beyond physical injuries, Uber and Lyft accidents can also result in psychological trauma, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety, impacting a victim's overall quality of life.
How Much Insurance Coverage Do Uber & Lyft Drivers Have?
The policy limit that applies to your accident depends on whether the accident happened while the Uber driver was on a trip. If the Uber app is on and the Uber driver was on a trip when the accident happened, then the Uber driver has $1 million in liability coverage. If the Uber app was on but the Uber driver was not on a trip (the Uber driver was not logged in and available), then the Uber driver had only $50,000 per person in liability coverage and $100,000 per accident.
You can be sure that Uber and Lyft will seek to avoid financial responsibility for an accident, which is why you need an aggressive personal injury lawyer on your side if you've been injured by an Uber driver.
By demonstrating the following, we will hold Uber & Lyft accountable for your injuries:
- Uber & Lyft drivers lack proper training or guidelines
- There are no mandatory vehicle inspections or upkeep
- The GPS Uber/Lyft system arguably violates California traffic laws by distracting its drivers
- Uber/Lyft should be responsible for their employed drivers
While each case is different, our goal is always the same: demand that the responsible party pays for all of the harm caused to our clients.
Who is Liable in Uber & Lyft Dooring Accidents?
When a car door swings open suddenly and strikes a passing cyclist or passerby, it is known as a dooring accident. In most scenarios, the person who opens the door and causes injury to another person is the only party who can be held liable for the damages. This is not the case when the passenger is in an Uber, Lyft, or other ridesharing vehicle.
The drivers of Uber and Lyft vehicles are expected to only let a passenger depart when it is safe to do so. It would not be deemed safe if a cyclist or pedestrian was nearby to the vehicle, especially where the door would swing open. If the driver does not use the side mirrors to warn of potential hazards, then they could be found partially liable in an Uber or Lyft dooring accident.
Uber and Lyft drivers in Pasadena can protect themselves from liability by equipping the interior of their cars with stickers that warn passengers to check for cyclists before exiting the vehicle. McGee, Lerer & Associates is giving out a set of warning stickers for free to any ridesharing driver who calls us at (626) 642-9302. We suggest you place the stickers on the inside of the rear passenger doors.
Why Hire McGee, Lerer & Associates
Rideshare accidents can be complex and confusing, especially when it comes to determining liability and pursuing compensation. At McGee, Lerer & Associates, our experienced personal injury attorneys have a deep understanding of the legal and insurance complexities involved in rideshare accident claims.
When you work with us, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim
- Determine liability and identify all potentially responsible parties
- Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation
- Advocate for your rights in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached
Our goal is to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from your rideshare accident. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an accident can take, and we are committed to fighting for your rights every step of the way.
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident in Pasadena, don't hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation.
Contact Our Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney in Pasadena Today
When you come to our firm, we will work tirelessly to obtain the fair compensation you deserve for your accident. With our experience and background, we know how to fight for restitution for damages, lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and much more.
Do not wait to retain counsel from our Pasadena Uber & Lyft accident lawyer. McGee, Lerer & Associates is more than prepared to assist with your injury claim. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
We take the time to understand all the unique factors of your case to achieve the best results.
If we are unsuccessful in our efforts to recover your compensation, you owe nothing. Learn more here.
We can be available nights and weekends and come to you at the hospital or at home.
We have 5 offices in Southern California - Los Angeles, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Long Beach & Valencia